Wednesday 4 July 2012

Bathing beauties

Vacation is almost upon me and though I don't tan and get antsy by sun bathing, I do love to swim. So here are some pretty ladies, found in LIFE's Google archive.

Undated, but I guess these are from the late 30's, early 40's.






I love thise one, dots and multi-coloured braid!





Janis Page, 1945



Dorothy Lamour, 1947



No dates for these either, but considering the hair I think the are from the 40's. The bathing suits are made out of towels!





















1950



These are undated as well, but must be from the 50's. I fell in love with them so I post them anyway. :)



















9 comments:

Lil said...

They are all so beautiful <3 x

Isis said...

Isabella: I think so too- I tried to not post so many pictures, but I got a bit carried away...

Johanna Öst said...

I love those towel bathing suit pictures!

Isis said...

Johanna: Me too!

Kristina said...

Kan det vara Norman Parkinson sopm tagit femtitalsbilderna? Det ser ut som hans stil.

Second Hand Rose said...

Such beautiful photos! These were the days when no one worried about tan lines! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.co.uk

ida said...

Gud vad jag älskar din blogg!!! Jätteinspirerande och superÄKTA!

Keep up the good work!

Kram ida

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! Even though some of the terrycloth things on the "LIFE" pictures look a bit ... weird. You inspired me to post a German magazine with knitted beachwear on my blog today.
http://sewvintage.wordpress.com/2012/07/20/fashion-friday-wir-locken-den-sommer-gestrickte-bademoden/
Greentings from Germany

Isis said...

Kristina: No, Loomis Dean. :)

Second Hand Rose: Or getting sun burned... :)

ida: Tack så mycket! Väldigt roligt att höra!

sewvintage: Yes, perhaps a little... Wonderful pictures on your blog, and I love the patterns!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...