Saturday 3 September 2011

Pretty hair things


My vanity and wish to look nice is in constant battle with my laziness. I can spend a lot of time getting ready for a party, but on an ordinary workday, especially when I get up at 4.30 in the morning, I don’t want to fuzz. For years I kept my hair long and it took me five minutes, at the very most, to fix it in the mornings and I really wasn’t prepared to spend longer time on it when I cut it in a middy. Fortunately I don’t have to, even if I have pin curls to brush out, my morning routines are only marginally longer.


With some fun hair accessories it’s easy to spice up a very ordinary hairdo. Like with a snood. Lolita Haze at Vintage Starlet has modeled some of the snoods from Arthelia’s Attic and as I really liked the look of them. I ordered a black and a brown one and I’m very happy with them. Very nice quality and easy to use. The bow is removable, so you can easily change the look to a plainer on, or pin on another ornament. With the help of a few booby pins they stay on well and they really are the perfect solution on a bad-hair day. I’m definitely going to order a few more colours.



I have also looked around for some nice hair flowers, but felt a bit hesitant to buy as I had no clue where to find good ones. Then Casey at Elegant Musings talked very warmly about Belle Blossoms. I have a high opinion of Casey’s taste to begin with and I liked the flowers, so I ordered a couple of flowers, large and small. They have only just arrived so I haven’t had the opportunity to wear them yet, but they are truly lovely in reality too- Probably addictive as well…



(Photos borrowed from Arthelia’s Attic and Belle Blossoms respectively.)

9 comments:

Kate said...

I think I need some hair flowers now! x

Isis said...

Yes you do, Kate O! ;)

Cinquefoil said...

Been wanting to try a snood for quite a while, but am a bit apprehensive as to the fact that even though I have long hair it is very, very thin and slippery and I fear I would be left with just the empty pouch hanging off my head...:) The flowers I think would be easier for me. :)

Isis said...

Cinquefoil: Perhaps you could stuff it with hair crepe in a suitable colour? Flowers, I think, suit any hair. :)

Susan said...

I love snoods, easy to fix and much hair control on windy days :-)
...and something off topic, your lovely blog is nominated :-)
http://susansdiaryvintagestylemeets.blogspot.com/2011/09/irresistibly-sweet-blog-award-goes-to.html

Beth said...

I nominated you for the Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award too! Thanks for inspiring me! :)
http://vforvintageblog.blogspot.com/2011/09/pinterest-and-blog-award.html

Laurence said...

My favorite flowers clips are from Laura Bennett from Retro Glamour Girls, quite expensive but amazing quality!!! I own some for more than 5 years worn them a lot and they are still perfect.
https://www.facebook.com/#!/retroglamourgirl

I also love Swell Dame clips, never order but look so nice.
http://www.etsy.com/people/SwellDameAccessories?ref=ls_profile

The snood are so lovely, I think I will order one in red or blue!!!! Thanks for the tips.

Please come visit my new blog: http://lostin1950.blogspot.com/

Lillgull said...

Nån som vet om man kan få tag i en snood här i Sverige? Hittade en sort på sivletto, men är mer ute efter en som set ut som den från Arthelias Attic. Om det inte är för påfluget, kanske kan få fråga vad den kostade med frakt och tull och allt?

Isis said...

Lillgull: Jag minns faktiskt inte vad portot blev, men om man tittar på en snood och scrollar ner så står portot- jag reagerade inte på summan, så jag tyckte nog inte att det var dyrt. :) Jag betalade under 300 SKr, så det blev ingen tull. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...